Wednesday, November 19, 2008

At the Zoo

The girls and I went to the zoo a couple of days before Halloween. I thought I would brag on myself a little bit since I've had a rough time recently. Of course this weekend I was sick, again. Taylor & I both had the stomach bug during the night Saturday night. So I don't think I have taken any pictures since Halloween. I know that the 6 people who do read my blog are wondering if I will ever post Halloween pics and of course I will, BUT it might be a while. We took Halloween pics with our 35 mm. So that means I will actually have to go to the store and get a disc to put them on the blog. I have made videos of Peyton saying ba, da, ba, ba, ba and of her rocking with much frustration that she can't move her arms. She is now doing a great army crawl. It's kind of funny because she gets so angry that she can't get there quickly that she really is like a soldier grunting while crawling. I have video of Taylor spelling words. I will try to get some of this video on the blog, but for me that is harder to do. I know I'll have to carve out a huge window of time. So on to our zoo trip story.

Most people who know me know that I am pretty cheap. I try very hard to not blow our money, but to still do fun things with the girls. I often hit up the free outings. We have found many fun things that we can do for free here in the DFW area. But I also wanted to take the girls to the zoo again. We haven't been in a year and a half. So the last time we went the girls were still free to get in. So I had a plan!! Our mom's group started talking about going and I suggested we go on Wednesday. That's half price Wed. Some of the mom's weren't so sure b/c they thought it would be way to busy. But we scheduled it for Wed!!! Well I also decided that it was ridiculous to pay 5 dollars to park when there is free parking less than 1/4 of a mile away. So I put the girls in a stroller and Peyton was in the sling. I haven't used a stroller for the girls in forever, but I decided since I was by myself I couldn't carry both of them at the end of the day if they were worn out. It was nice b/c once we were in the zoo the girls walked and looked at the animals and Peyton rode in the stroller. Well we hung out with our friends and had a blast. I only packed a half lunch because I have to admit I LOVE buying food while I'm out. I usually don't, but decided we would splurg for that at the zoo. I took the girls drinks and a snack so they could easily split some shicken. All the other families went home shortly after lunch and the girls and I decided to finish the 2nd half of the zoo. We stayed until the zoo closed at 4. We had a blast and we it wasn't bad. Everyone was dead asleep for the ride home. I was impressed with myself!


Susan Wyatt said...

Good work Lori... inspiration for me as I learn the ropes of caring for 3. Sounds like you guys had a good time. We look forward to fun family outings like that someday. I'm sure it will be here before we know it. Babies should be home today, we can't wait. Love keeping up with the Walkers.

Jessica said...

I think I need to go take a nap just from reading that.

I was with you until that "2nd half of the zoo" part.

Lauren said...

You should post a list of freebie/cheap stuff that you do around the metroplex. It would be fun and other mom's could comment with there ideas!